"Through the Web, Darkly" - Reading Tips
Hate the Background color? Pick Another:
My latest book (2019), "Through the Web, Darkly", is about privacy,
anonymity, and how and why to access and use the dark web. It is
self-published, and is available for free and as donation-ware.
Check it out! Give a copy to your friends!
If you liked any part(s) of this document or just found it to be
useful, please make a small donation via PayPal
to email@example.com or in Bitcoin
to 35DnXM3Fg9zvirbraGmUGecLy7EPZiBWsT. Thanks!
Information wants to be free, but I'm not totally philanthropic
I will keep updating and expanding this, so stop by and
download it again any time.
PDF tested in standard viewers, and looks fine when imported
into the Amazon Kindle app (though fonts are tiny and must be
enlarged). EPUB verion tested in Linux/MacOS Caibre, MacOS EPUB
Viewer, and MacOS BookReader.
05-06-2021 - Uploaded new, expanded, in-progress version. New
information about detecting and fighting malware, rewrites,etc,
A big change to previous versions!
01-07-2020 - Uploaded new, expanded, in-progress version.
- 23-11-2019 - Added nmap testing examples, AzireVPN iunto,
updated and re-prioritized ExpressVPN info based on latest
version, did YASC (yet another spell check).
- 13-09-2019 - Added "About this book" preface, added a few links to the
"More info" section.
- 03-09-2019 - Fixed proso in "Overview" discussion of privacy and
spell-checked chapter again. Yikes!
- 15-08-2019 - Published as MOBI for Kindle on Amazon, ISBN-13:
- 15-08-2019 - Completed "Hiding Files" chapter.
- 13-08-2019 - Added first draft of "Hiding Files" chapter.
- 02-08-2019 - Added wallet info section.
- 01-08-2019 - Added coin vs token info.
- 26-07-2019 - Added section on circumventing govt and geo-location blocks.
- 18-07-2019 - Broke cryptocurrency oview into separate chapter.
- 13-07-2019 - Added Bootable linux stick/unetbootin chaper.